Perhaps you’ve been told that SEO is all about text. Although it once might have been true, it is not true today. Video is now one of the most important types of content for SEO rankings. Here’s why: People consume an enormous amount of online video every day. In fact, according to HubSpot, 78% of people watch videos online every week, and 55% watch videos online every day. What’s more, by 2022, online videos will make up 82% of all internet traffic. As you can see, technology has shaped manufacturing in recent years in several ways. From the software used to the tools used, manufacturing has evolved to become a more digital process. Even though it has changed, manufacturing remains a pillar of any economy. The article that follows examines five recent changes in manufacturing brought on by technology.
The Benefits of Video
Video is an important part of any SEO strategy. Here are some benefits of video to SEO rankings:
1. Videos can help you rank for key phrases
If you include a video on your website, you have a much better chance of ranking for key phrases than without one. This is because videos are often associated with high-quality content, and they’re also more likely to be shared and liked by viewers.
2. Visitor retention is increased by videos.
Another benefit of video to SEO rankings is that it keeps visitors on your site for longer periods. This is valuable because the longer someone stays on your site, the more likely they are to convert into a paying customer.
3. Videos improve click-through rates
Including a video on your website can also improve your click-through rate, which is another factor that search engines take into account when determining rankings. A higher click-through rate means that people are finding your content relevant and useful, which will ultimately lead to better SEO results.
Using Video to Optimize Rankings
One of the most important aspects of SEO is making sure your website is optimized for ranking in search engines. This can be a difficult task, but one of the best ways to ensure your website is visible in search engine results pages (SERPs) is by using video.
Video can be a great asset for your website because it can help you rank for a variety of different keywords. For example, if you have a video on your website about “how to make a perfect grilled cheese sandwich,” you could rank for the keyword “grilled cheese sandwich recipe.”
In addition to helping you rank for more keywords, video can also help increase the amount of time visitors spend on your website. This is important because search engines often consider the number of time visitors spend on a website when determining its ranking.
If you don’t already, now is the time to start using video on your website. If you need help getting started, there are plenty of resources available online, such as tutorials and templates.
The Types of Videos that Improve Rankings
There are three primary types of videos that can help improve your website’s search engine ranking:
1. Instructional or How-To Videos
Instructional or how-to videos are an excellent way to not only improve your website’s search engine rankings but also to increase the number of time visitors spend on your site. These types of videos show viewers how to do something, such as how to use a product, cook a meal, or complete a task. They are often searched by people looking for information on how to do something specific.
2. Educational Videos
Educational videos are similar to instructional videos, but they typically focus on providing information about a topic rather than teaching viewers how to do something. These types of videos can help improve your website’s ranking because they provide valuable information that viewers are searching for. They can also help keep viewers on your site longer, as they are likely to watch multiple educational videos in one sitting.
3. Promotional Videos
Promotional videos are a great way to improve your website’s ranking and visibility. These types of videos showcase your products or services in a positive light and can be shared across social media platforms, which will help increase traffic to your website.
Measuring the Success of Your Video SEO Campaign
It is no secret that video is one of the most powerful tools available to marketers and SEO specialists. Video allows you to reach a wide audience with your message, and can be an extremely effective way to improve your SEO rankings.
But how can you tell if your video SEO campaign is working? Here are a few key metrics you need to monitor:
1. Number of views: This is the most obvious metric, but it’s still important to track. You want to see a steady increase in the number of views your videos are getting. If you see a sudden drop-off, it could be an indication that something is wrong with your campaign.
2. Average watch time: This metric tells you how long viewers are watching your videos on average. The longer they watch, the more engaged they are with your content. You want to see a steady increase in average watch time over time.
3. Click-through rate: This metric measures how often viewers are clicking on links in your videos. If you see a high click-through rate, it means that viewers are finding your content relevant and interesting. A low click-through rate could mean that your videos aren’t optimized for search or that they’re not relevant to what viewers are looking for.
4. Social shares: This metric measures how often viewers are sharing your videos on social media. A high social share rate indicates that viewers are finding your content valuable.
Video is an important part of SEO rankings. Several factors contribute to this, including the fact that video is a highly engaging form of content and that it can help to improve click-through rates. Video can also be used to target specific keywords and phrases, which can result in higher search engine rankings.